Over the past few months, more and more people seem to have taken an interest in coconut oil. As well as having amazing health benefits such as stress relief, advantages to the immune system, heart, and cholesterol levels, and improved dental and bone strength, it also has many hair and skin care benefits. For me, coconut oil is a cupboard essential and it really shouldn’t be neglected. For this post i’ve listed just a few of it’s many uses... Hair care
- Coconut oil adds shine to hair and provides proteins which nourish and heal damage. It can be used as a deep conditioner by applying a small, heated amount before your usual shampoo and conditioning routine.
- Alternatively, it can be applied afterwards for a leave in conditioning treatment, simply wash it out after an hour or so.
- A further use is to tame frizz, this can be done by rubbing a tiny amount between your fingers and smooth into hair after styling it.
- Lastly, it can be used to rid your scalp of dandruff, simply massage coconut oil on the area. This also keeps lice and lice eggs at bay!
- Coconut oil is an effective moisturiser on all types of skin and can also delay the appearance of wrinkles due to it’s antioxidant properties. Mix some with brown sugar for an effective exfoliator. This works great on chapped lips too!
- It’s also great to use as a body oil. After showering, rub the oil onto wet skin for it to be fully nourished and moisturised!
- Forget buying shaving foam. Use this as a balm for a closer shave and softer results due to it’s nourishing properties.
- Lastly, coconut oil is a great makeup remover! Apply directly to your face and watch your makeup dissolve. Also, try using it with soap to clean makeup brushes.
Have you tried coconut oil? What do you use it for?